Sunday 23 August 2020

Jones Crushed Melon

Brand: Jones Cane Sugar Soda
Bottler: Jones Soda Co.
Purchased from: Desert Drinks for $2.29

At a glance
Flavor profile: watermelon, cantaloupe
Sweetness: low
Carbonation: moderate

This was actually my first time trying a Jones soda. I had heard very good things about the Jones brand, though, so I was excited to see what the hype was about. The first thing I noticed about this soda once I cracked it open was the scent: I was expecting watermelon, and that is present to an extent, but I was really reminded more of cantaloupe. The scent is sweet, fresh, and very strong as soon as you open the bottle, and it smells very close to the real thing, as if you had a bowl of freshly cut watermelon and cantaloupe. (Upon further research, I found that Jones does sell a different Watermelon flavor, so I believe the intent here was indeed to make a cantaloupe-flavored soda!)

The scent carried through to the flavor on my first sip, which was fruity and refreshing. This soda really does not taste "artificial" (sure enough, Jones is known for their use of cane sugar) and is not very sweet; it actually feels almost like a hybrid between a seltzer and a soda, maybe a seltzer with a good splash of juice in it. The carbonation is pretty strong compared to most "craft" or natural sugar sodas, too, which adds to its refreshing profile.

The end of the bottle came too soon for this one. I am a big fan of Jones's Crushed Melon flavor. One of the most refreshing sodas I've had, and with a very unique yet natural-tasting flavor. I don't know how it stacks up against other Jones sodas but I am now very eager to try the rest of the company's lineup.

Rating: 9/10

Similar sodas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solo Banana

Brand: Solo Bottler: Solo Beverages Purchased from:  Desert Drinks  for $5.00 At a glance Flavor profile: banana, supposedly Sweetn...