Wednesday 26 August 2020

Solo Banana

Brand: Solo
Bottler: Solo Beverages
Purchased from: Desert Drinks for $5.00

At a glance
Flavor profile: banana, supposedly
Sweetness: low
Carbonation: low

One of my more frequently unpopular opinions is that I tend to love banana-flavored stuff: milkshakes, Laffy Taffy, ice cream, etc. But I had never thought about banana soda before, so when I saw this offering, which is produced in Trinidad and Tobago, it was instantly added to my must-try list.

I regret to inform you that not only does this not compare to those other banana-flavored items I love, it is in fact pretty much undrinkable. This might be the worst-tasting soda I have ever had. It smells enough like a banana-flavored candy product (actually reminding me somewhat of candy circus peanuts), but the taste is nothing remotely enjoyable. Some adjectives that could attempt to describe it: fermented, chemical, sour, expired, toxic. I truly could not make it more than three sips into this bottle. I would be interested to try other Solo flavors (they have a ginger ale, a cream soda, and a "Caribbean cola" apparently akin to bubblegum) to see if the problem is just with the banana variety, but I definitely won't be touching this one ever again.

Rating: 1/10

Similar sodas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solo Banana

Brand: Solo Bottler: Solo Beverages Purchased from:  Desert Drinks  for $5.00 At a glance Flavor profile: banana, supposedly Sweetn...